Rhinoplasty is a type of plastic surgery procedure. It's usually done to correct and reconstruct the shape of your nose to be more aesthetic and also to restore some functions. It's also known as a nose job.
A nose job is a very complicated and difficult operation to undertake. It's therefore important for you to choose the best surgeon to perform the operation in order to have good results. Here are key points to keep in mind while searching for the perfect surgeon:
1. Certification – A good surgeon should have the required certification from bodies governing the conduct of plastic and cosmetic surgeons, like the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. Such bodies recognize only qualified surgeons. This recognition tells you that the surgeon is qualified and competent enough to offer good services to patients. Ensure that you check for this information from governing bodies accredited and recognized by the medical community.
2. Specialization – It's essential that you ensure that the surgeon is trained for nose jobs. Not all plastic surgeons are ENT surgeons. As a matter of fact, some plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are not qualified for the job carry out these procedures in their medical facilities. This is not always permitted. Ensure that you go for one who is qualified for nasal procedures. The surgeon should also be conversant with both the cosmetic and functional aspects of this surgery. You will be secure when you choose such a surgeon because you are sure that you will get very satisfactory results.
3. Simulated results – A good and experienced surgeon always has computing morphing software. This gives the patient and surgeon an overview of how the results will look like after a procedure.
4. Results gallery – Most surgeons keep a collection of photos comparing before and after images of the procedure on previous patients. While at the surgeon's office, ask to have a look at these photos. Some surgeons may have the gallery on their websites for interested clients to look at. These photos tell a lot about the expertise of the surgeon.
5. Experience – It is always advisable to go for an experienced medical professional. Such a surgeon has handled very many cases and performed many surgeries. This increases the chances of you having a successful surgery. A surgeon who has worked in this field for 5 to 10 years is a good catch.
6. Good testimonials – A good surgeon should have good testimonials from previous patients. The testimonials are usually posted on the surgeon's webpage. Those with bad testimonials are not competent. Avoid them.
Remember that the procedure is carried out on your face. For this reason, it just has to be successful or else it is not worth it. A failed nose job can really affect your self esteem and may cause other health complications like ear, nose and throat infections. These organs are somehow connected; therefore, if one of them is infected and the infection is not deal with, the other organs may also be infected.