Individuals are assorted with a list of directives guiding them with Do's and Don'ts before going ahead with the operation. A sufficient amount of rest post procedure is a compulsory prerequisite for all, which is why there should be prearrangements being made for completing the daily household chores in their recuperation period, although a close member is preferred.
Even though pain and swelling may disrupt your normal lifestyle, all inflammatory medications like aspirin and ibuprofen must be avoided atleast for a few weeks. These are several over-the-counter medicines with nutritional supplements, which can neutralize the effect that you may have after the operation. If you wish for the necessary instructions in this aspect, consulting an eyelid surgeon would be the best decision.
Here are a few guidelines, which can certainly be of great help to the candidates post process. This to-do list can assist you to ensure you that everything is in order as they come out from the hospital.
- Arranging a side help is certainly a thing, which you should arrange from beforehand. And it is best if it comes from a friend or family member as you can feel comfortable with them as you are related in comparison to the people from centers.
- The general anesthesia, which is administered during the cosmetic surgery can make you all groggy, dizzy and tired. Driving around in this condition is not recommended which is why you require help around you almost all the time.
- Avoid unnecessary bending, lifting or any such related intestinal physical activities which can increase the flow of blood to your eyes.
- Bring your necessary everyday items within your reach, which can be inclusive of the tin containers, soft tissues, glasses, body lotion, night wears, hair brush, bottles, bathroom requirements, kitchen utensils, and daily necessities to avoid any form of difficulty.
- Arrange for someone who could assist you all through as you will not be allowed to load their dish water right after the process.
- It is also not advisable to keep an energetic two year old jumping around you or an enthusiastic pet playing all over to help you relax in a serene environment for a faster recovery.
- Watching television for atleast, the first two weeks must be avoided. Straining your eyes in any way, like trying to read smaller digits and staring at the television should be something that you should keep away from, as it can strain your eyesight, causing dryness of the eyes and intern slowing down the rate of recovery.
- If you use contact lens on a regular basis, then switch it with dark glasses for some time now atleast for a couple of weeks.
- Keep an ample supply of the vitamins painkillers and assorted medications along with the labeling saying which ones to take when to ease your condition.